This procedure covers changing an employee from one payroll to another.
This particular personnel action requires coordination with the Director of Compensation and Organizational Design and the Human Resource Information Specialist. Timing is critical.
Manager Self-Service User*
The HRIS Director [email@example.com] is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever an employee will be changing to a different pay schedule (that is, from Biweekly (Non Exempt or NE) to Semimonthly (Exempt or EX) or vise versa). In this case, there could be multiple changes to the employee’s record, but the most complex change will be the salary details.
Because of the nature of this transaction and as is the case with all “Change Assignment” transactions, it needs to occur on a pay period begin date, and the pay periods are generally not the same. This means that this particular type of transaction must be coordinated with the Director of Compensation and Organizational Design as well as the Human Resources Information Specialist. You will need to be in contact with them before you begin this transaction.
The job title Manager refers to:
1. Access Manager Self-Service
Refer to Accessing Manager Self-Service [NAVHRI04]
2. Select “Change Assignment”.
If you are not presented with a hierarchical view of “My Employees”, goto task #3. Otherwise, goto task #4.
3. Search for the employee by entering the last name of the employee in the search field and click on the “Go” button.
4. Click the Action icon to begin the transaction for the employee.
5. Enter Effective Date.
Remember, except for New Hire, Rehire and Termination Transactions, all Manager Self-Service transactions must have a pay period begin date for the effective date. A link to the payroll schedules is available on the effective date page to assist with the pay period begin date requirement. Click the button.
6. If Organization (department) has changed, click the to select a different department.
Once the correct department has been found, click the quick select icon to select it.
7. Work from the bottom up on the Assignment page. Salary Basis, Payroll Name, Grade Name, Oracle Job, and Position Name will all need to be updated.
All other fields previously deleted will automatically populate based on the position name.
8. Click to go to the Location screen. You may not need to make any changes to the location.
9. Click to review and update the Work Schedule as necessary.
This transaction may require the employee to work a different shift or a different number of hours per week.
If this transaction changes the Assignment Category, make the appropriate change. Remember that the term “Regular” designates employees who are in ongoing positions and “Temporary” designates employees who have a period of employment with a definite end date.
10. Make Changes (if any) to the Employee's pay rate.
You can enter information in any of the fields to affect the employee's pay rate according to the function. The top left region of the window displays current pay rate information. The Proposed Pay Rate grid is where you should enter the new pay rate. The top row of this grid shows the change amount and the bottom row shows the value of the new pay rate.
Parnassus will make the calculations and
populate the remaining pay rate fields.
To indicate a decrease in pay rate, enter a minus sign before the number
in the middle row, or enter the lower rate in the New Pay Rate field.
11. Click the button to go to the Review Screen.
12. Review the transaction details.
13. Additional Information, Attachments.
This electronic communication can be an email notification, an electronic version of a paper letter, or a transcribed copy of a paper letter. This information helps to clarify and ensure accuracy of the transaction and becomes a permanent part of the employment record.
14. Add Comments to Approver on the Review page.
Here you can add comments to the record which will only be viewed by the parties in the workflow approval process. Add approval comments to provide additional information to aid in the workflow approval process, such as when an employee’s wages should be charged to an account that is not the default (primary) account for salaries in that department.
This comment will not be attached to the employee's permanent record; rather, it will be attached to the workflow and will assist those who approve the transaction. Comments will help the transaction to move through the workflow faster.
15. Print the Review page for your records if you desire. (This step is optional).
16. Close the new window after you have printed your review page.
It is helpful to retain a hardcopy of the confirmation for your temporary records. When you receive notification that your transaction has been completed, you can dispose of the hardcopy.
17. Click the [Submit] button on the Review screen.
This should be done when all the data is confirmed correct and all comments have been added.
You will receive a confirmation that the transaction was submitted to the workflow for approval. This is not confirming that the transaction was approved; it simply confirms that it was submitted.
18. Click the “Home” link or button to return to the Main Menu when you are finished.
You can continue to work with Manager Self-Service from the main menu.
19. Click the Logout link when finished with
Manager Self-Service to properly disconnect from
End of activity.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.