This procedure covers the use of IC Employee Self-Service to create a timecard for hours to be paid.
Non-Exempt IC Employee Self-Service User*
The Payroll Manager [email@example.com] is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
This activity is performed whenever a non-exempt (hourly) employee needs to record hours worked or to be paid as Paid Time Away on the online timecard.
The job title Non-Exempt Employee refers to:
1. Access Self-Service
Refer to Accessing Employee Self-Service [NAVHRI01]
2. Select “Self Service Time”.
3. Select “Time Entry”.
4. Click on the [Create Timecard] button.
5. Choose a Period from the drop down list.
The Period should have defaulted to this week, if you have not yet entered time.
6. Choose an “Hours Type” for the first blank line of the timecard.
There are 9 hours types to choose from; the numbers at the start of each “Hours Type” are for sorting purposes ONLY. If you have any questions about how to enter time, especially overtime, please call HR at 607-274-3245.
7. Ignore the “Cost Center” column.
8. Enter the hours you worked on the day(s) you worked.
If you need more lines for more “Hours Types”, goto task #9. Otherwise, goto task #10.
9. Click on the [Add Another Row] button.
Goto task #6
10. Decide if you are ready to submit you time card. Once it is submitted you will be unable to edit it, so do not submit your timecard until it is complete for the week.
If you want to submit your timecard now, goto task #12. Otherwise, goto task #11.
11. Click on the [Save] button.
Your timecard in now saved. You can return to your time card and edit later.
Goto task #15
12. Click on the [Continue] button. You will receive a review page. Review your time for completeness and accuracy.
If there isan error on the review page, goto task #13. Otherwise, goto task #14.
13. Click the [Back] button. You will return to the edit page.
Goto task #6
14. Click the [Submit] button. You will receive a confirmation message that your time has been submitted.
15. Click on the “Logout” link and close your browser to protect your information.
End of activity.
Copyright © 1997, 2008. All rights reserved.