Manager Self-Service User
The HRIS Director [firstname.lastname@example.org] is
responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary and that it reflects
Manager Self-Service (MSS)
Always select a reason for salary change when processing a Manager Self-Service transaction that includes a change in salary or hourly rate.
Until Oracle provides a way for Manager Self-Service users to transfer "ownership" of employee
records to another manager, the Director of Compensation and Organizational Design will submit MSS transactions that involve employee movement from one organization to another.
Manager Self-Service policy exists in conjunction with the Ithaca College Policy Manual. Refer to this document for information on additional policy questions.
- Manager Self-Service transactions and associated workflows serve to ensure accurate processing and provide authorization to change employee records. All MSS transactions must include an electronic copy of written communication to employees to help meet the stated goal (not to mention minimize employee confusion, etc.)
- Unless otherwise indicated in the Manager Self-Service transaction, salaries/hourly rates will be changed to the default salary account number for the employee's primary organization (department).
- When performing Terminations in Manager Self-Service, prompt processing is essential and is the responsibility of every supervisor. The supervisor will be held accountable for excess pay amounts, excess benefit premiums, and unemployment claims resulting from failure to follow the required
procedures on time.
- Except for New Hire, Rehire and Termination Transactions, all Manager Self-Service transactions must have a pay period begin date for the effective date.
- Forward your notifications before you leave for business trips, vacations, etc. Those of you who submit Manager Self-Service MSS transactions can remind the approvers to forward notifications before they leave campus. If, for some reason, you really don't want to forward your notifications, be sure to check your work list while you are away.
- Changes in Manager Self-Service that cannot be completed can now be saved for later by selecting the [Save for Later] button. Many MSS tasks are update tasks. There is also a [Cancel] button on each panel of every update task. If you do not wish to save for later, be sure to use the cancel button to discard the transaction (closing the window does not cancel the transaction).
- Only employees with Manager Self-Service responsibilities can access MSS. Here managers view or submit changes to information in the records of employees who directly report to them, or who are in departments that directly report to them.
- Problems that are technical in nature that arise when using Manager Self-Service should be directed to the IC Help Desk at email@example.com or 4-3282. Procedural questions should be directed to the HRIS Director. Refer to the Ithaca College Policy Manualfor additional information on policy questions.
- Internet Explorer is the supported browser for Manager Self-Service. If you experience very unusual display or other types of problems with MSS, the problem may very well be eliminated by using Internet Explorer.
- Protect the confidentiality of information accessed through Manager Self-Service by:
- Always properly disconnecting from Parnassus by clicking on the Logout
hyperlink on the Home Page.
- Always closing all browser windows when you are finished using Parnassus if you used a public computer to access it.
- Accessing Manager Self-Service [NAVHRI04]
- New Hire Transactions in Manager Self-Service
- Should not be initiated unless the supervisor has complied with all aspects of sections
3.1 - 3.5.3 of the Ithaca College Policy Manual.
- Must be initiated by the Home Department as soon as an employee accepts an offer of employment. A paycheck will not be issued until this transaction has been processed to completion. Further, strict adherence to the MSS Cutoff Schedule will also ensure compliance with federal and state reporting requirements.
- Require the new employee's social security number. Be sure to obtain the new employee's social security number when s/he accepts the offer of employment. This is a required piece of information for the New Hire transaction.
- Submitting a New-Hire Form in MSS [PROHRI24]
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.