Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use courses from my study abroad experience in the CLA?

Yes. Study abroad courses may be used as part of a minor or second major, with the normal approval by the department. You can also use study abroad courses as part of a self-designed option. The courses have to transfer into Ithaca College with liberal arts designations. (Note that this is an exception to the CLA rule that transfer courses do not count toward the CLA.) When using study abroad courses as part of a self-designed suite, you cannot know in advance which courses will be available in your study abroad program at the time you fill out your CLA designation form. In this case, you should indicate the types of courses you expect to pursue, and justify these choices in your rationale statement.

School of Humanities and Sciences  ·  201 Muller Center  ·  Ithaca College  ·  Ithaca, NY 14850  ·  (607) 274-3102  ·  Full Directory Listing