Detailed information about the majority of courses offered each semester in the School of Humanities and Sciences can be found in each department's web profile. To find this information, begin at the listing of H&S departments, and then navigate to the specific department’s pages for course listings. These semester-specific details should be considered supplemental to the information found in the HomerConnect schedule and in the Undergraduate Catalog. Additional information about individual courses may be obtained from departments or the instructor of a particular course.
Courses offered for the fall 2013 semester
- The HomerConnect Class Schedule for fall 2013 will be available on Monday, March 25, 2013.
- Remember that not all courses/sections listed may be available at the time of your online registration access. It is important to select several sections of a course that will fit your schedule.
- For students exploring a discipline, it is important to include several 100-level courses within a department on your list of possible course selections. For example, if you are exploring Politics, your course selection worksheet might include U.S. Politics or Global Studies or International Relations. Plan options for all of your choices!
HELP! I need to find . . .
courses designated for general education.
- The General Education Program is a requirement for Humanities and Sciences students; additional information is available via the link to the left.
- General Education designations can be found in the listing of attributes for courses on HomerConnect. In the Undergraduate Catalog, general education designations are found with the individual course descriptions. For information about general education courses offered in a specific semester, you can search the class schedule in HomerConnect.
courses required for my major.
- Refer to the School of Humanities and Sciences section of the Undergraduate Catalog, where you will find degree requirements for all majors within the School.
- Exploratory students will not find specified degree requirements for the exploratory program. Remember to select courses of interest, and use general education courses to explore various disciplines within the School.
- Consult your degree evaluation (CAPP) report in HomerConnect.