Art History at Ithaca College
The department offers three versions of its Art History B.A. and a Minor in Art History
1. The B.A. in Art History. This degree prepares students interested in pursuing careers in the arts or further study at the graduate level in the humanities. This major will also appeal to students who wish to study visual culture, human expression, or ideas through history.
- for the requirements of Art History B.A., click here.
- for descriptions of the courses in the Art History B.A., click here.
2. The B.A. in Art History with Concentration in Architecture. In addition to fulfilling core requirements for the B.A. in art history, students with a particular interest in the history of architecture may elect to complete a concentration in architecture. The concentration complements the broad coverage of the major requirements by providing interested students with in-depth exposure to architectural history and theory.
- for the requirements of Art History B.A. with Concentration in Architecture, click here.
- for descriptions of the courses in the Art History B.A. with concentration in architecture, click here.
3. The B.A. in Art History with Concentration in Museum Studies. In addition to the core requirements for the B.A. in art history, the museum studies concentration allows students to focus on courses that introduce issues and practices of display. This concentration is designed for students who may desire a career path in galleries and museums, in curatorial, public outreach, and educational roles.
- for requirements of the Art History B.A. with Concentration in Museum Studies, click here.
- for descriptions of the courses in the Art History B.A. with concentration in museum studies, click here.
4. The Minor in Art History is designed for students who wish to explore art and architectural history as a complement to their major and as a way of expanding their intellectual horizons. The minor will especially appeal to students in anthropology, art, languages, and history, but is accessible to students with any major field who have an interest in art and architecture.
- for requirements of the Minor in Art History, click here.