Bryonna Albrecht - caretaker of over 100 big cats at the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah (Avellaneda) Griffin - lab technician, Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Cornell University
Sarah is pleased to announce her marriage to Craig Griffin (I.C. '09, Health Care Administration), Fall 2010.
She is happy to announce the addition of their baby boy in February 2012!
Caitlin Baran* - Medial student, University of Vermont
Brandon Bernard* - St. George's University, School of Medicine, Cayman Islands
Aaron Bloom - University of Arizona's Medical Pharmacology, email@example.com
Aaron's newest publications include:
1) Jimenez-Andrade JM, Mantyh WG, Bloom AP, Freeman KT, Ghilardi JR, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW. The effect of aging on the density of the sensory nerve fiber innervation of bone and acute skeletal pain. Neurobiol Aging.
2) Ghilardi JR, Freeman KT, Jimenez-Andrade JM, Mantyh WG, Bloom AP, Bouhana KS, Trollinger D, Winkler J, Lee P, Andrews SW, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW. Sustained blockade of neurotrophin receptors TrkA, TrkB and TrkC reduces non-malignant skeletal pain but not the maintenance of sensory and sympathetic nerve fibers. Bone.
3) Mantyh WG, Jimenez-Andrade JM, Stake JI, Bloom AP, Kaczmarska MJ, Taylor RN, Freeman KT, Ghilardi JR, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW. Blockade of nerve sprouting and neuroma formation markedly attenuates the development of late stage cancer pain. Neuroscience.
4) Bloom AP, Jimenez-Andrade JM, Taylor RN, Freeman KT, Ghilardi JR, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW. Breast cancer-induced bone remodeling, skeletal pain, and sprouting of sensory nerve fibers. Journal of Pain, 2011.
5) Castaneda-Corral G, Jimenez-Andrade JM, Bloom AP, Taylor RN, Mantyh WG, Kaczmarska MJ, Ghilardi JR, Mantyh PW. The majority of myelinated and unmyelinated sensory nerve fibers that innervate bone express the TrkA receptor. Neuroscience, 2010.
6) Jimenez-Andrade JM, Bloom AP, Stake JI, Mantyh WG, Taylor RN, Freeman KT, Ghilardi JR, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW. Pathological sprouting of adult nociceptors in chronic prostate cancer-induced bone pain. Journal of Neuroscience, 2010.
7) Ghilardi JR, Freeman KT, Jimenez-Andrade JM, Mantyh WG, Bloom AP, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW. Administration of a tropomyosin receptor kinase inhibitor attenuates sarcoma-induced nerve sprouting, neuroma formation and bone cancer pain. Molecular Pain, 2010.
Aaron is working in the lab of a world-renowned cancer pain scientist, Dr. Patrick Mantyh, at the University of Arizona. Under Pat's guidance he has co-authored several manuscripts and book chapters. His crowning achievement was to have one of his illustrations selected as a cover photo for BONE and another illustration is in contention for being selected as a cover photo for an upcoming edition of the Journal of Neuroscience. He has recently submitted two as first author. One of the papers uses an in vivo approach to visualizing skeletal progenitor cells, whereas the other paper concerns breast cancer metastasis to bone and our approach to reducing pain by use of Anti-NGF therapy.
Jimenez-Andrade JM, Mantyh WG, Bloom AP, Ferng AS, Geffre CP, Mantyh PW: Bone cancer pain. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 1198:173-181.
Jimenez-Andrade JM, Mantyh WG, Bloom AP, Xu H, Ferng AS, Dussor G, Vanderah TW, Mantyh PW: A phenotypically restricted set of primary afferent nerve fibers innervate the bone versus skin: therapeutic opportunity for treating skeletal pain. Bone, 46(2):306-313.
Jimenez-Andrade JM, Bloom AP, Mantyh WG, Koewler NJ, Freeman KT, Delong D, Ghilardi JR, Kuskowski MA, Mantyh PW: Capsaicin-sensitive sensory nerve fibers contribute to the generation and maintenance of skeletal fracture pain. Neuroscience 2009, 162(4):1244-1254.
Rachel Borst - Pharmacy program at Medical University of South Carolina and working at CVS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bobby Chiang* - attending the University of Toronto, Master of Architecture
Patrick DiCiaccio - MS, Climate Science and Policy, Bard College, email@example.com
Andrew Furfaro - passed his board exams and is now a licensed physical therapist!
Derek Gabreski - University of Puget Sound, Masters in the Arts of Teaching program on the road to becoming a biology teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Gadway -M.S. in Biomedical Forensic Science, Boston University School of Medicine; Associate Scientist, Biogen Idec, Cambridge, MA, email@example.com
Eric Hojnowski - Upstate Medical School
Elyse Honikel - Royal Veterinary College in the UK enrolled in a Bachelor's of Vet Med program as of September 2009, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tatum McNierney - Science Teacher, Half Hollow Hills Schood District, TatumM87@hotmail.com
Lei Mi-Mi* - Ph.D. program, SUNY Upstate, Molecular Biology
Caitlin Mooney - Technician II, Dept. of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Science, Vet School, Cornell University, email@example.com
Colleen O'Loughlin* - Ph.D. Program, Molecular Biology, Princeton
Bethany Rees* - working at DuPont as an Associate Investigator in their Central Research and Development Division in the subdivision of Chemical Science and Engineering
Pamela Ronco* -pursuing a Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Roselle* - working full time at Merck as a Chemist
Michael Salt - Medical Student, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
Laura Schmalzle - Albany College of Pharmacy, Yankees04@hotmail.com
Brittany Silvia - New England College of Optometry in Boston, email@example.com
Ainsley Smith - Aquarist, Mystic Aquarium, fish and invertebrate department, AinsleyFSmith@Gmail.com
- Check out this video clip of her duties at the Aquarium.
- She has been accepted in the MS program at Duke University for Fall 2011.
- Her first co-authored paper appears in the Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, 42(2) 2011. 300-303.
Jessica Spinella* - dental program at Pittsburgh
Dennis Thapa - pursuing a MD, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Trufant - Secondary Science Teacher, Newfield Central School, NY, email@example.com
Ana Velez - pursuing a MD, University of Florida College of Medicine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Vitale - pursuing a MD at Temple University, email@example.com
Jennifer Wills - enrolled in a Master’s program at Georgetown University, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Biochemistry Majors with a Biology Faculty Advisor