Summer Research Projects
- Mechanisms and pathways of cholesterol transport inside cells
- Effect of the cholesterol environment on protein function and its relation to diseases: NPC1 and processing of Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Lab activities for high school biology classes
- Host pathogen interactions following chlamydia infection
- Cell biology of parachlamydia infection in fresh water amoeba
- Using a genome-wide microarray-based approach, identify and characterize novel genes regulated by splicing coupled to mRNA decay
- Identify conserved cis-regulatory sequences important for changes in splicing
- Examine the role of kinases in gene regulation
- Study the effects of co-transcriptional recruitment of regulatory factors on gene control
- Evolution of Nematode Dosage Compensation Mechanisms
Leann Kanda ON SABBATICAL – NO OPENINGS until FALL 2015
- Captive and wild behavior in chipmunks
- Relationship of social and movement behaviors in dwarf hamsters
- Animal surveys of South Hill
- Investigating embolism refilling in the xylem of plants using microprobe technique
- Understanding how the patterns of leaf venation alters herbivory tolerance
- Studying the effects of nutrients and drought on plant fitness.
- Biochemical identification and characterization of the essential components of a unique biological glue
- Biochemical and mechanical experiments to characterize the mechanism of adhesion and to test hypotheses of how the glue components contribute to performance
- Histological analysis of the secretory cells that produce the glue
Collaborative research on Puerto Rican plants
Phylogenetic Reconstruction of plants belonging to the Genus Gurania (Cucurbitaceae)
- Analyze the genetic and neuronal basis of arousal and anxiety behaviors in larval zebrafish.
- Clone a gene expressed in somatosensory neurons. Inject mRNA encoding the gene to assess its effects on somatosensory development.
- Generate transgenic fish that inducibly overexpress a gene. Analyze the effects on neural development or behavior.
- Generate transgenic fish that express a reporter gene (eg GFP) in a specific neuronal cell type. Via live imaging, examine the dynamics of this cell type as it develops and connects with the rest of the nervous system.
- Analyze the phenotype of a mutation in a gene expressed in somatosensory neurons.
|Download Summer Research Projects
PDF Document - Size: 182 kB