Assistant Director Positions
All Assistant Director application materials are due to the chair of the Department of Theatre Arts via email by 5:00 pm on Monday, March 21, 2016
The criteria and application process for serving as assistant director on mainstage shows in the Department of Theatre Arts are as follows:
- Junior Standing (by the time the assignment would occur).
- Successful completion of Directing I, with minimally a B grade.
- Submission of individual goals and objectives for serving in this capacity and how this experience will further your overall educational goals.
- A request of specific shows in order of preference that you wish to be considered for and rationale of why these particular shows.
- Submission of an up-to-date resumé.
Following submission of the above materials to the chair of the Department of Theatre Arts, the chair will distribute copies of the submitted material to the appropriate individual director(s). After reviewing the materials, the individual director(s) may request an interview with any, all, or none of the applicants. The directors will then forward to the chair the name or names of students they would consider for this assignment. The chair of the department, in consultation with the individual directors and directing faculty, will make the final assignments.
Materials for the assistant director positions will not be accepted until the season selection process has been finalized. Individual directors will have final say on how they engage and utilize these positions.