Student Employment Opportunities
The Department of Theatre Arts offers a number of student employment opportunities. Please click on link for a job description.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Summer Ticket Office Assistant (begins August 1)
Summer Shop Assistant (begins mid-May)
Summer Office Assistant (begins mid-May)
We will be accepting applications for 2016-17 academic year positions in the office, library, and shops later this summer. Please check back after August 1st.
|Jazz Dance 1|
|The Jazz Dance 1 Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience in dance, particularly jazz and ballet.|
The Jazz Dance 1 Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience in dance, particularly jazz and ballet. The assistant will work with the professor of DNCE 13100/13200 and the students enrolled in the class both in and outside of class hours.
- Senior status in the BFA Musical Theatre or Acting major in the next academic year
- Must have completed or be concurrently enrolled in:
- Jazz Dance I, II, III - (DNCE 13100, 13200, 23100)
- Ballet I, II, III or higher level (DNCE 11100, 11200, 21100)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Along with the faculty member, physically demonstrate and lead the jazz dance warm-up and movement sequences
- Organize and lead outside-of-class tutorials in preparation for the grading of movement combinations and tutoring individual students as needed
- Assist the faculty member in giving one-on-one corrections and physical adjustments to students
- Set a positive example for the class in terms of work ethic, leadership, attitude, attendance and promptness
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
Supervisor: Mary Corsaro (email@example.com)