Student Employment Opportunities
The Department of Theatre Arts offers a number of student employment opportunities. Please click on link for a job description.
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2015. If any positions open up for the spring, those jobs will be posted after December 1st.
|Acting for the Camera|
|The Acting for the Camera Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience with Park School Equipment.|
The Acting for the Camera Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience with Park School Equipment. The assistant will work with the professor of THEA 43100 and with the students enrolled in the class.
- Ability to operate all of the equipment in Park Studios "A" and "B" and Master Control required for three-camera (TV style-edited live to tape) and one camera (film style-edited post production) shoots.
- Potential teaching assistants must be recommended by TVR and Cinema faculty and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The teaching assistant picks up the necessary equipment at 8:45 a.m. every Friday, sets up the equipment by 9:00 a.m., and returns the equipment at 11:50 a.m.
- During the class meeting, the teaching assistant supervises the use of the equipment by the directors and actors registered for the course.
- Ideally, the teaching assistant will be present for the entire time the class meets, 9:00 a.m. until 11:50 a.m.
- If the situation warrants, the student may apply to work half of the class, either 8:45 to 10:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- The course meets on Fridays only.
- Acting for the Camera is the only course offered at Ithaca College that provides TVR, Cinema, BFA acting, and BFA musical theatre seniors with the opportunity to collaborate on TV and film shoots under the supervision of a faculty member during class time.
Hours: 3-3.5 hours per week
Supervisor: Arno Selco (firstname.lastname@example.org)