Student Employment Opportunities
The Department of Theatre Arts offers a number of student employment opportunities. Please click on link for a job description.
Please note: At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2014-15 academic year.
|Scene Shop Assistants|
|The Scene Shop Assistant is a student with experience in scenery who works to help maintain the departmentís scene shop and theatrical spaces.|
The Scene Shop Assistant is a student assistant with experience in the area of theatrical scenery who works for the Theatre Arts Department to help maintain the department’s scene shop and theatrical spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, clean and maintain the scene shop facilities and equipment. Make purchases when necessary. Assist in supervision of production work crews. Work on special projects related to production, as assigned. If over 21, use department van to run errands.
- Successful completion of THEA 11200 Technology I: Scenery or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of theatrical scenic technology and prior experience with the specific systems used by the Ithaca College Theatre Arts Department.
- The ability to lift 50lb.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Scene Shop and associated areas, keeping them clean, maintained, safe and usable for production, class and work.
- Maintain the Department of Theatre Arts theatre spaces, keeping them clean, maintained, safe and usable for production, class and work.
- Maintain scene shop equipment owned by the Ithaca College Theatre Department.
- Provide assistance in building scenic elements as requested for the current show(s).
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Theatre Department as assigned.
- If over 21, complete requirements for use of department van.
Hours: 4-10 per week