Student Employment Opportunities
The Department of Theatre Arts offers a number of student employment opportunities. Please click on link for a job description.
We will be accepting applications for 2016-17 academic year positions in the office, library, and shops later this summer. Please check back after August 1st.
|Sound Shop Assistants|
|The Sound Shop Assistant is a student with experience in theatrical sound who works to help maintain the departmentís audio inventory and spaces.|
The Sound Shop Assistant is a student assistant with experience in the area of theatrical sound who works for the Department of Theatre Arts to help maintain the department’s audio inventory and spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, clean and maintain sound shop facilities and equipment. Make purchases when necessary. Assist in supervision of production work crews. Work on special projects related to production, as assigned. If over 21, use department van to run errands.
- Successful completion of THEA 11400 Theatre Tech I: Lighting and Sound.
- A working knowledge of theatrical sound and prior experience with the specific systems used by the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts.
- The ability to lift 50lb.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Sound Shop and associated sound areas, keeping them clean, maintained, safe and usable for production, class and work.
- Maintain audio equipment owned by the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and expertise as requested for the current show(s).
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts as assigned by the department’s Lighting and Sound Shop Supervisor.
Hours: 4-10 per week