- Step 1: Apply to Ithaca College via the Common Application (a $60 fee applies)
- Step 2: Apply to the Department of Theatre Arts by uploading audition materials to Acceptd.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 4: After an invitation from the department is extended, arrange for an audition.
- Step 5: Audition
The Early Decision Deadline was November 1st.
The deadline for Acceptd applications has passed.
The Common Application Deadline for students who have already submitted their Acceptd application has been extended to February 1st. However, you will not receive any further notification regarding your prescreening until your application is complete.
All candidates will be asked to upload the following to Acceptd using PDF format:
- A brief résumé, including theatrical activities in high school, during summers, honors and awards received, leadership activities or offices held, and other significant non-theatrical activities.
- A current headshot or recent photo
- Two memorized contrasting monologues, each of which is no more than one minute in length. For your pre-screen application you will upload a separate video for each monologue.
Note: Auditioning often involves a certain amount of stress and tension. The best way for you to reduce this stress is to select and prepare your monologues carefully. Monologues must be memorized and rehearsed. The character should be within your age range. Your goal should not be to show us how far you can stretch. We are looking for your ability to play the actions inherent in the text and to reveal the inner life of the character as it intersects with your own experience, imagination and understanding.
For Your Audition
If an invitation for a live audition is extended, it is expected that you will present the same monologues chosen and uploaded to Acceptd for the pre-screen application. Please bring one copy of your headshot and résumé to the audition.
Ithaca College, 953 Danby Road, Dillingham Center Lobby
- Saturday, Dec 13: Morning ONLY (Early Decision)
- Saturday, Jan 31
- Saturday, Feb 14
- Saturday, Feb 21
New York City
NOLA Studios, 250 West 54th Street, 11th FLoor, Studio A
- Friday, Jan 23 - afternoon only
- Saturday, Jan 24
- Sunday, Jan 25 - morning only
Palmer House Hilton, 17 East Monroe Street, 7th Floor, Burnham 1
- Monday, Feb 2
- Tuesday, Feb 3
- Wednesday, Feb 4
Sheraton Gateway LAX, 6101 West Century Blvd, Lobby Level, Salon 105
If you are invited to audition for us but are not able to travel to one of our audition sites, you may request that we use your prescreen application as your audition. Please be sure to sign up for the "Video Audition" session.