Student Employment Opportunities
The Department of Theatre Arts offers a number of student employment opportunities. Please click on link for a job description.
Please note: All positions are currently hired for 2012-13. This page is for reference only. Open positions for Fall 2013 will be advertised on the Student Employment Website in late April/early May.
|Dialects for the Stage|
|The Dialects for the Stage Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience in acting, voice and speech and dialect work.|
The Dialects for the Stage Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience in acting, voice and speech and dialect work. The assistant will work with the professor of THEA 33600 and with the students enrolled in the class both in and outside of class hours.
- Student must be reliable and available Spring Semester, Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:55-11:55, as well as one 30 minute meeting per week with instructor at a time to be determined.
- Student must be detail oriented, demonstrate leadership skills and professionalism.
- Must have strong skills in International Phonetic Alphabet and its application to dialects
- Have successfully completed Dialects for the Stage
- In good standing of the BFA Acting or Musical Theatre degree program
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting instructor with introduction of various dialects including research and presentation of examples in media
- Participating in exercises when needed
- Providing feedback on performance assignments along with instructor
- Document assembly for final project.
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
Supervisor: Kathleen Mulligan (firstname.lastname@example.org)