2014 Writing Contest Rules
Categories for Submission
- First-Year Essay
- Nonfiction (including Argument)
- Personal Essay
- Professional & Technical
- The Writing Contest is open to all students registered at Ithaca College, full or part time.
- Students may enter as many categories as they like, but may submit only one entry per category.
- Any manuscript that has been a winning submission in the Writing Contest in a previous year is not eligible for this year’s contest.
- Prose manuscripts may be of any length, but poetry submissions must include 3-4 poems.
- Email your submission to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 7, 2014. Late entries will not be considered. If submitting in more than one category, please send separate emails. Please identify the category in the subject line. (Hard copies will not be accepted.)
- Include your name, address, phone number, and email, plus the appropriate category, in the text of the entry email. If in doubt about the category, please signify that doubt, and the judges will place your entry in the appropriate category.
- The contest is sponsored and judged by the Department of Writing. The decisions of the judges are final. The judges may choose no winner for a particular category if they find no manuscript that, in their estimation, merits award. Winning entries will be announced Thursday, April 24, 2014 on the Department of Writing website, and winners will also be contacted directly.
- Winners in each category will receive a prize and be honored by reading in the Handwerker Gallery on Tuesday, April 29, at 6:00 pm. The winning entries will also be published on the Department of Writing website.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.