Frequently Asked Questions
Who can I talk to for advice about how to decide on a major?
- Your faculty advisor – You will have a faculty advisor who is the professor of one of your first-semester courses. He or she will be able to give you advice about choosing future courses. Your faculty advisor can also direct you to other useful resources on campus.
- The Academic Advising Center – You can drop-in or make an appointment with a professional academic adviser who will help you plan your coursework to make sure you fulfill all requirements and graduate on time.
- Peer Mentors – You are not alone! There are many other students on campus who have been in the Exploratory Program at one time or another who have personal advice about how to go about deciding on a major. You can always reach out to an Exploratory Peer Mentor and ask for their advice!
- Academic Director of the Exploratory Program – You can visit the Academic Director during weekly Exploratory Office Hours to have any of your questions answered. Hours vary by semester.
- Assistant Dean for Student Services – You can also direct questions to the Assistant Dean for Student Services within the School of Humanities and Sciences, who is dedicated to helping Exploratory students navigate transfers between majors, departments, and schools, as well as answering questions.
- The Office of Career Services – You can drop-in to Career Services to meet with a Peer Career Advisor to talk about your interests, career goals, and the development of your four-year plan.
© Copyright Ithaca College. All rights reserved; unauthorized use prohibited. All material on this server is produced by our community but, except for designated pages, is neither approved nor verified by Ithaca College.