For Faculty and Staff
These pages are intended to be a resource for, and to facilitate the work of, faculty and staff in the School of Humanities and Sciences. Here you can find information about:
- Curriculum Committee, proposals, and processes
- Experiential learning
- Business guidelines and procedures
If you have questions or comments about the content and documents available on this site, please contact the dean's office at (607) 274-3102 or by email.
Please use the email accounts listed below for the types of communication indicated:
- firstname.lastname@example.org is for communications related to departments; faculty, including annual reviews; staff employee issues, including requests for time off; and endowed scholarships.
- email@example.com is for communications related to experiential learning, independent study and internships, grant programs (the Educational Grant Initiative, the Emerson Humanities Collaboration Award, Emerson internships, Goldwater Scholarship), and admissions rosters and student recruitment/yield events.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is for communications related to curriculum, catalog, general education petitions and designations, and assessment activities.
- email@example.com is for H&S students’ submission of CLA Planning Statement forms for review and processing as well as for questions about H&S CLA requirements.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is for communications related to course scheduling and classroom assignments.
- email@example.com is for all general communications relating to student advising, including pre-registration and registration issues, and questions about waiver/substitutions, degree evaluations, change of major, etc.
- firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are for communications related to these particular issues.
Of course, you can also direct your emails to individual dean’s office staff members. Specific information about dean’s office staff, their titles, and areas of responsibility can be found on the H&S dean’s office staff page.