Native American Homecoming Festival: Welcoming Cayuga, Tutelo, Saponi and Kindred Indian Nations
Join us on Saturday, September 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the Native American Homecoming Festival. The event, held at Tutelo Park (151 Bostwick Road) in the town of Ithaca, will feature interactive performances and demonstrations including:
- Haudenosaunee singers and dancers lef by Sherri Waterman Hopper
- Traditional flute music by Dan Hill
- Teaching about the Great Law with Ferry Ground
- Water drum and cornhusk doll making
- Story telling
- Stone carving
- Medicine plant walks
- Native American arts, crafts, and food
This event is free and fun for all ages!
Sponsored by the Multicultural Resource Center, Cornell University, Ithaca College, and Wells College; and hosted by the town of Ithaca
This event is made possible with funding from a Tompkins County Celebrations grant and the Community Arts Partnership.