NEWEST: This Week's Events; 10/1: University of Queensland School of Medicine Info Session; Kaplan GRE, GMAT, LSAT and MCAT - DEADLINE = Oct. 16
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
D'Youville College (September 29th) at 12:15pm to 1:05pm in CNS 115 to share information about their school. D'Youville college is located in Buffalo, NY and they offer programs in Chiropractic, Physician Assisant, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Nursing and Nursing Practitioner, etc. For those who are interested in any of those programs, come to the meeting for more information! Even for premeds, I'd say its always good to know your other options.
Tuesday at 6pm to 7:30pm, there is the Graduate and Professional School Fair in Emerson Suites. /sacl/careers/events1/gradproffair/
- If you are interested in talking to school reps, dress appropriately! (Business Casual)
Thursday, the October 1st, We have University of Queensland coming in! SEE BELOW....
Friday, September 25, 2015
The University of Queensland School of Medicine Ochsner Clinical School will be on-campus
Thursday, October 1, 12 -1 pm in CNS Room 115
to provide information about the school and the application process.
Pizza will be provided.
The UQ Ochsner MD program provides an integrated global medical education in a research-intensive patient-centric environment. The strong basic science and early clinical training, combined with rotations at the Ochsner Clinical Campus, New Orleans, offers unparalleled advantages to its students:
HIGHLY RANKED INSTITUTION
- Two years of basic sciences and extensive early clinical training at The University of Queensland School of Medicine in Brisbane, Australia
- The UQ School of Medicine is a major research institution and is ranked #47 in the World by US News and World Report, higher than 80% of all U.S. medical schools
- Two years of clinical training at the UQ Ochsner Clinical School in New Orleans, Louisiana, the US campus of The University of Queensland School of Medicine
- The Ochsner Academic Medical Center is ranked in the top 15 Teaching Hospitals in the US by Thomson Reuters
HIGH PERFORMING STUDENTS
- 91% Residency Match 2015
- USMLE pass rate is equivalent to US medical schools
- USMLE Step 1 scores average the same as US scores
- Step 2 scores average 20 points higher than US scores
- The average GPA of the 2015 entering class was 3.4 and the average MCAT was 29
Friday, September 25, 2015
Save money by applying for a FREE prep class!
Applications for Kaplan GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MCAT Test Prep class scholarships are now available for 2015. All students in all class years are eligible to apply for Kaplan Scholarships. Up to six scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate Ithaca College students (alumni and graduate students are not eligible) in the fall semester.
Unlike previous years, there will NOT be another opportunity to apply for a Kaplan scholarship until fall 2016. All available scholarships for the academic year will be awarded this semester.
Recipients are selected by a committee of faculty and staff and all decisions are final. Applicants will be notified of their status in November. Please contact Nikki Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Applications are available now and due Friday, October 16, 2015. Click here for an application.
Monday, August 24, 2015
Although prevet has its own club,those members are always welcome to attend any premed event/meeting.
First meeting: TBA.