NEWEST:Paid Job Opps; Premed Meeting 4/30; Dental Program and Info
Friday, October 26, 2012
The Academic Associate Program with the Emergency Medicine Service Line of the North Shore-LIJ Health System in Manhasset, NY search for a one-year, full-time, paid position in our department starting in June 2013.
"We are currently recruiting premedical students either in their senior year or recently graduated and are taking at least one year off prior to attending medical or graduate school. Academic Associates receive full benefits, a competitive stipend, and work closely with experienced researchers and faculty in the emergency department.
An Academic Associate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Aiding with developing new study protocols, IRB submissions, grant proposals, and a wide array of professional scholarly activities
- Overseeing the daily goings on of multiple research studies such as chart reviews, survey administration, data collection, data entry, patient identification and literature searches.
- Developing studies’ presentations and writing abstract submissions and manuscripts – for which they are frequently coauthors
- Serving on important departmental committees such as the Department of Emergency Medicine Research Committee
- Facilitating the coordination of special activities such as departmental symposia and Continuing Medical Education (CME) conferences
- Recruiting, training and managing a team of twelve to twenty-five volunteer research interns throughout the fall and spring semester, and close to sixty volunteer research interns during the summer, and
- Organizing educational activities for the research interns
Proficiency with software applications such as Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word is highly recommended among applicants. Strong ambition, motivation, the ability to multitask, as well as interpersonal and leadership skills are absolutely necessary for these positions.
If you would like to further explore this opportunity, please feel free to visit our website at http://nsuhed.com/academic-associates-programs.html. We are currently accepting applications for the 2012-13 academic year and urge interested students to submit their cover letter, résumé, list of references, and unofficial transcript as soon as possible."
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Nicole Belko (Biology '14) plans to go to medical school and purse a career in either the oncology or psychiatry field after her undergraduate studies.