Professional practice opportunities allow students to connect what they learn in the classroom with practice in a professional/community environment.
- gain understanding and experience to improve their professional skills;
- establish networking contacts to support their transition from school to work; and
- reflect on ethical responsibilities in diverse communities.
Examples of professional practice opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- internships in businesses or non‐profit organizations;
- student teaching;
- artistic performances; and
- significant course‐based projects that involve public contexts.
Click to learn more about the professional practice model.