Emerson Internship Program
Each year, the Emerson Internship Program makes a scholarship award to a student from each school at the College. The Program awards $3,000 to students who have a meritorious academic record, and who plan to participate in a summer internship that has direct relevance to the student's academic or career plans.
The H&S application to be the School's nominee has two components:
1) a letter of support from the faculty member who will serve as the sponsor for the internship - this letter should be sent directly to the H&S Dean's office, preferably as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org; hard copies will also be accepted. The faculty sponsor letter should be in the dean's office by the deadline below.
2) a proposal of one to two pages that includes the following information:
- your full name and permanent address
- your major(s) (and minor(s) if any), and overall GPA
- number of credits you will register for during the summer (awardees must register for at least one credit)
- site and dates (estimate will suffice) of the internship, and a brief description of the nature of the organization and the internship responsibilities
- a discussion of how the internship is integrated with your educational program, and your professional/career plans
Please name this document according to the following convention: <Lastname,Firstinitial_EmersonInternshipApp_Sum2015> (e.g., Smith,A_EmersonInternshipApp_Sum2015), and submit it as an email attachment to email@example.com; hard copies will not be accepted.
Additional information and updates can be found on the Office of the Provost's website. NOTE: The deadline for H&S applicants varies from the deadline set by the Office of the Provost. The H&S deadline is noon on April 8, 2015.
*Students should confirm their financial aid eligibility for 2014-15 by contacting the Office of Student Financial Services (firstname.lastname@example.org; 607-274-3131) before submitting an application.