Emerson Internship Program
Each year, the Emerson Internship Program makes a scholarship award to a student from each school at the College. The Program awards $3,000 to students who have a meritorious academic record, and who plan to participate in a summer internship that has direct relevance to the student's academic or career plans.
The H&S application to be the School's nominee has two components:
1) a letter of support from the faculty member who will serve as the sponsor for the internship - this letter should be sent directly to the H&S Dean's office, preferably as an email attachment to email@example.com; hard copies will also be accepted. The faculty sponsor letter should be in the dean's office by the deadline below.
2) a proposal of one to two pages that includes the following information:
- your full name and permanent address
- your major(s) (and minor(s) if any), and overall GPA
- number of credits you will register for during the summer (awardees must register for at least one credit)
- site and dates (estimate will suffice) of the internship, and a brief description of the nature of the organization and the internship responsibilities
- a discussion of how the internship is integrated with your educational program, and your professional/career plans
Please name this document according to the following convention: <Lastname,Firstinitial_EmersonInternshipApp_Sum2014> (e.g., Smith,A_EmersonInternshipApp_Sum2014), and submit it as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org; hard copies will not be accepted.
The tentative application period due date is noon on Wednesday, April 2, 2014. Additional information and updates can be found on the Office of the Provost's website.
*Students should confirm their financial aid eligibility for 2013-14 by contacting the Office of Student Financial Services (email@example.com; 607-274-3131) before submitting an application.