HSHP Annual Awards 2014
The School of Health Sciences and Human Performance honored students for their outstanding academic and professional achievement this year during a ceremony and reception held May 14. To learn more about this year's award winners, click on their pictures below.
|Ethan M. Lewis|
|Ray Boone Scholarship|
Ethan grew up in the small rural town of Arkport, New York. Attending a small school comprised of less than six hundred students in kindergarten through 12th grade he was able to participate in a number of sports including baseball, basketball, and soccer. As he entered his senior year of high school Ethan decided to enroll in the New Visions Medical Program where he was able to foster his interest in the complexities and inner workings of the human body that had been developing since he began playing sports. It was in this program that Ethan decided he would attend Ithaca College and enter its prestigious physical therapy program, embracing the opportunity to help others by working with and understanding the human body.
There are many unique experiences that Ethan has had while attending IC. One of his most memorable experiences was participating in a research study in which the purpose was to compare the reliability and validity of two-dimensional motion analysis using an iPad application to traditional three-dimensional motion analysis. This study was exciting, because the results were important for determining the role that modern motion technology would play in the future of health care professions, athletic settings, etc.
Academic Achievements and Personal Highlights
- Alpha Eta Society (Spring semester 2013-present)
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society (Spring semester 2013-present)
- President’s Scholarship
- Magna cum laude
- Member of Dr. Barb Belyea’s research team comparing 2-D motion analysis using an iPad app to traditional 3-D motion analysis
- Whalen symposium presenter
- Undergraduate Professional Excellence Award
- Musculoskeletal Examination and Evaluation Teaching Assistant
- Rochester Summer Gross Anatomy Teaching Assistant
- Top 5 Undergraduate Research Award Finalist at 2013-14’ American College of Sports Medicine – Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference
The Ray Boone Scholarship Award is awarded to a student who is entering the final year of the doctor of physical therapy degree program with outstanding academic performance.