HSHP Annual Awards 2014
The School of Health Sciences and Human Performance honored students for their outstanding academic and professional achievement this year during a ceremony and reception held May 14. To learn more about this year's award winners, click on their pictures below.
|William A. Stotter|
|Mark Alderman Award|
I became interested in athletic training as a high school athlete. Every athletic season I seemed to have a new injury that withheld me from competition. My high school was fortunate enough to have a full time athletic trainer who always managed to return me to participation. I spent my high school years watching in awe as he successfully evaluated and treated countless high school athletes in a small room with few supplies. When the time came to apply to colleges I was determined to get into an athletic training program. I also wanted to continue my athletic career on the football field. Ithaca offered me the perfect opportunity to do both. I spent four amazing years working with top tier athletes at the high school and collegiate levels and was able to compete as a Division III athlete.
My most memorable experience at Ithaca College was working as an athletic training student with the Bomber football team. This clinical rotation provided me with many valuable experiences in injury evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation that helped me grow as a clinician. I worked with some outstanding athletic trainers who shared precious techniques that I will use throughout my career.
Academic Achievements and Personal Highlights
- Member of the Ithaca College Football Team from 2009 – 2012
- Dean’s List – Spring 2012
- Internship in athletic training with Ithaca College’s Wrestling Team – 2012
- Internship in athletic training with Ithaca High School’s baseball and softball teams – 2012
- Internship in athletic training with Cornell University Women’s Ice Hockey Team – 2013
- Internship in athletic training with Ithaca College’s Softball Team – 2013
- Cleveland Clinic Internship in athletic training – 2013
- Internship in athletic training with Ithaca College’s Football Team – 2013
- Athletic Training Certified – 2014
The Mark Alderman Award is given to the senior athletic training student who best exemplifies the qualities of service, kindness, and compassion for others as exemplified by Mark Alderman, MS, ATC.