GXT Test Instructions
If you have questions about your test, or cannot make your appointment, please call (607) 274-1301. If you do not call to cancel your GXT or if you do not show up for your GXT, you will be charged a $25 fee.
You will be scheduled to complete a maximum effort exercise test; your performance depends upon adherence to these instructions.
- Do not perform heavy exercise in the 24 hours preceding your test.
- Do not drink alcohol for 12 hrs preceding your test.
- Do not use caffeine (e.g., coffee) or nicotine (e.g., cigarettes) for three hours preceding your test.
- Do not eat for three hours preceding the test.
- Do not eat any food that may cause you discomfort the day of the test.
- Avoid over-the-counter medications for the 12 hours preceding your test. (However, cancel appointment if you are ill and treat yourself accordingly; we can reschedule.)
- Wear comfortable clothing (shorts and T-shirt recommended) and sneakers.
- Males may need to have small sections of chest hair shaved to insure sufficient contact with electrodes. Disposable safety razors are provided for this purpose.
Thank you for your cooperation.