We are a community of learners who prepare health care, health, sport and leisure professionals for lifelong practice and scholarship.
We meet this mission by;
- fostering interdisciplinary collaboration within and between academic and professional settings
- using experiential learning as a means to integrate theory and scholarship with professional practice
- using scholarship, in all of its forms, to advance knowledge and practice
We will be recognized as a preeminent school in health sciences and human performance for our innovative, interdisciplinary, and multicultural programs of teaching, scholarship, and outreach that continues to have a positive impact on local and global communities.
As a community we value
- a strong faculty-student relationship,
- respect for various opinions,
- the free exchange of ideas,
- diversity, and
- a commitment to the expansion of knowledge through all forms of scholarly work.