HSHP Scholarship Information
This website contains information about the scholarships that are only available for currently enrolled HSHP major and minor students who are returning for the 2014-2015 academic year.
These scholarships were established through gifts or bequests through the generosity of alumni, parents, friends, corporations, and foundations that are maintained through annual support from the donor.
Deadlines for Application
The deadline for on-line submission for most, but not all, of the 2014-2015 scholarships is 5:00 pm EST, Friday, March 7, 2014. See specific scholarships for more information about deadlines. No late applications will be accepted.
Procedure for Applying (On-Line)
1. Review scholarships available to you and determine
which one(s) you are academically eligible for.
- Criteria for each scholarship and the respective forms for each available scholarship can be accessed through the links on the left side of this page. Be sure to read the criteria carefully before filling out an application. Notice that you should look at the scholarships listed within your major or minor AND those listed within the General HSHP and the College-wide categories.
2. Check to see that you are financially eligible (FAFSA).
- In order to be awarded many of these scholarships, you must be eligible for aid. Eligibility is determined by The Office of Student Financial Services and is based on information from your application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not filled out the FAFSA, you can click here for more information on how to proceed with filling out the FAFSA application.
- We strongly recommend that you check your financial eligibility with the Financial Aid Office BEFORE filling out an application.
- Please note that there are a couple of scholarships that are NOT based on financial need. Scholarships that are not "needs based" have been noted with This scholarship is not based on financial need.
3. Fill out an application for each scholarship.
4. Submit your on-line application(s) with a resume
attached no later than 5:00 pm EST, Friday,
March 7, 2014.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications without an attached resume will not be considered. Applicants' names must appear in the file name of the resumes. Electronic copies of resumes that do not include your name in the file name will not be considered.
Note: If you are off-campus for Spring 2014 (i.e. study abroad, internship), you are still required to submit your application(s) by 5:00 pm EST, Friday, March 7, 2014. No exceptions.
Recipient Selection Procedures
The HSHP Dean's Office will submit the applications received from students to major and minor HSHP departments, who will have the option to nominate additional students for scholarships (Please note that the student may be considered for an award without applying). The department chair will then submit a final list of departmental candidates to the HSHP Dean's Office for final selection.
Awardees will be notified by the Office of Student Financial Services after May 16, 2014 (Non-recipients will not be notified).
For awards based on financial need, the amount of the award is determined by the Office of Student Financial Services depending on the availability of funds and on recommendations from the dean and/or faculty.