Assessment & Learning Outcomes
DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT:
To prepare ethical, competent health promotion, and health and physical education professionals within a liberal education background to work in diverse settings with multicultural populations.
• To provide a comprehensive knowledge of health promotion and physical education.
• To provide a systematic, experience-based curriculum in the areas of health promotion and physical education.
• To provide training in the skills necessary for working with multicultural populations in diverse settings.
• To provide an environment that promotes and encourages life-long learning and professional and service-related collaboration.
Learning Outcomes are assessed on a continuous basis within the programs. The 3-year assessment plan for HPPE program standards is:
- 2013-2014 Diversity, Professional Development, Planning and Instruction
- 2014-2015 Content Knowledge, Technology, Collaboration and Outreach
- 2015-2016 Positive Learning Environment, Assessment