Frequently Asked Questions

Transfer Students

Questions about Transferring

How can I transfer into the OT program?

The Ithaca College OT program welcomes transfer students into the program pending space in the cohort of interest.  External transfers are currently on hold and interested individuals should contact the admissions office for more information. Our faculty work with each interested student to evaluate when they should enter and what point in the program, based upon coursework completed elsewhere.  Please refer to IC Admission FAQ's on transferring.

Please contact our curriculum director, Dr. Julie Dorsey at or our chair, Dr. Diane Long at if you have any further questions about transferring into occupational therapy at the undergraduate level.

Can I transfer into the master's year of the program?

Students who have earned a bachelors degree in another field who wish to enter the professional-entry masters program at Ithaca College should contact Dr. Melinda Cozzolino at

What courses should I take if I plan to seek admission as a transfer student?

The pre-requisites include 1 semester of biology (equivalent to BIOL 11900 or BIOL 12100 at Ithaca College), 1 chemistry, 1 philosophy, general psychology, college writing  human development, and 1 sociology or anthropology courses (or one of each). Students should also take abnormal psychology, research methods, or a statistics course for social science research. Moving directly into the junior year requires some planning to be sure all requirements have been met. It is strongly recommended that any student who plans to seek admittance as a transfer student contact the curriculum director to discuss pre-requisite courses.

For more detailed information see the sidebar titled "Transferring into the Combined BS/MS Program."

School of Health Sciences and Human Performance  ·  Ithaca College  ·  Ithaca, NY 14850  ·  (607) 274-3237  ·  Full Directory Listing