Speech-Language Pathology (M.S.)
The areas of professional practice for speech-language pathologists are rapidly expanding, as are the types of clients they are expected to serve. In fewer than two years, our Master’s program in speech-language pathology maximizes opportunities for broad clinical experience as well as academic instruction. We prepare students to meet all requirements for the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology (CCC-SLP), and for New York State licensure.
Our Master's in SLP program includes 53 credits of coursework on core content areas such as phonological disorders, swallowing, aphasia, fluency, and augmentative and alternative communication. The program concludes with a comprehensive examination that is structured similarly to the national Praxis exam.
One of the features of our program includes clinical experiences in which you will work directly with clients each semester. As a result, you will be well prepared for your final semester, which consists of two full-time externships, when you will experience the rigors and responsibilities of professional work. The department is proud of our outstanding reputation among externship supervisors and employers.
Ithaca College graduates enjoy excellent career prospects. Some of our recent graduates are currently working at:
- Center for Speech-Language & Occupational Therapy, California
- Pioneer Valley Regional Schools, Massachusetts
- King Manor Care & Rehabilitation Center, New Jersey
- Crouse Community Center, New York
- Interactive Therapy Group, New York
- Susquehanna Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, New York
- Cayuga Onondaga Boces, New York
- NorthWestern Public Health, Ontario, Canada
- Tender Touch Rehab Services, Pennsylvania
- The Virginia Institue of Autism, Virginia
- Achieve Beyond Pediatric Therapy and Autism Services, Virginia
We also offer a master of science program in speech-language pathology with teacher certification:
Speech-Language Pathology with Teacher Certification (M.S.) Overview