Transferring Into Speech-Language Pathology

Students from within Ithaca College, as well as those transferring from other institutions, can typically transfer into the SLPA program before the start of classes in the fall semester of their sophomore year and proceed through the typical course sequence, graduating after completing three years of study within the SLPA program (sophomore year, junior year, senior year). It is recommended that students transfer into the SLPA program at the beginning of the sophomore year in order to graduate on schedule. 

Students entering the program after the beginning of the sophomore year may be required to complete an additional semester or an additional year of study. 

All coursework with an SLPA prefix (SLPA XXXXX) that is required for the major must be taken at Ithaca College.

We recommend that students interested in transferring into the SLPA program review the information in the undergraduate as well as the graduate course catalogs. A graduate degree in the field of speech-language pathology is required in order to become an ASHA certified speech-language pathologist.


School of Health Sciences and Human Performance  ·  Ithaca College  ·  Ithaca, NY 14850  ·  (607) 274-3237  ·  Full Directory Listing