OUTDOOR ADVENTURE LEADERSHIP MAJORS
General Information for Outdoor Adventure Leadership Students
Outdoor Adventure Leadership students who wish to complete a Fieldwork or Internship experience need to:
- Download and read the Internship Manual found in the Internship / Advanced Fieldwork Manual for RM & OAL majors.
- Download the Application for Internship or Advanced Fieldwork Form and the GPA Calculator Spreadsheet. Follow the procedures for filling out the form as stated in the guidelines. This form then needs to be submitted to the Faculty Internship Coordinator.
- Once approved you will receive an e-mail requesting that you set up a meeting with the Faculty Internship Coordinator.
- In consultation with your academic adviser and the faculty internship coordinator, begin researching potential sites.
- Once a site has been identified and approved by the internship coordinator, download the RM/OAL Agency Acceptance Form, fill in the necessary information (see directions), and then send the form to the site supervisor to complete.
- Once the internship coordinator has received the Site Acceptance Form from the site, you will need to complete the RM/OAL Student Placement Form. Note that ALL information on this form (except for the signatures) must be typed.
- During the first week that you are actually on site, you need to fill out the Student Information Form. You must return this to the IC Internship Coordinator no later than the 2nd week of the internship.
- Each student must submit both a midterm and a final evaluation form. A copy of the form that you need to use is included in the guidelines, or you can download each of these forms here (Note: there are 2 separate forms) . Failure to submit these forms on time will result in a lowering of your final grade for the course.
If you have any questions about the procedures and/or forms, please contact the Faculty Internship Coordinator.
The following courses are offered for Outdoor Adventure Leadership Majors. You will need to indicate which course you will be registering for on the Student Placement Form.
- Completion of RLS 34800
- Permission of department chair
Internship in Recreation & Leisure Studies
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 in RLS-xxxxx courses
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 in RLS-24800 and RLS-34800
- Completion of at least 24 credits of required recreation courses (RLS-xxxxx) and 6 credits of recreation electives
- Approval of department chair
Have a question? Click here.