Ithaca to Cornell
Ithaca College students will follow these steps to complete their registration at Cornell:
- Download the IC-CU "IC Exchange Petition" (at right). Complete the petition and secure approval signatures.
- Submit the signed petition to the Office of Extended Studies (formerly known as the Division of Graduate and Professional Studies) for review of eligibility requirements and final approval.
- Pick up your approved petition from the Office of Extended Studies at the beginning of the semester.
- Download and complete the Cornell Registration Form (at right).
- Secure Cornell faculty, administrative, or department approval. (Call the Cornell academic department overseeing the course to determine the approval to be obtained and how. Some departments require a face-to-face visit so they can stamp your form.)
- To complete your registration, take the approved IC petition and completed Cornell Registration Form within the scheduled registration period to Cornell's School of Continuing Education.
- Ithaca College undergraduate students whose Cornell enrollment puts them beyond 18 credits (between Ithaca College and Cornell University combined) must complete a form to exceed 18 credits. These students will be charged IC tuition for any credits over 18, on a per credit hour basis.