Call for Proposals
Contributed by Eileen Jacobs
New Initiatives Fund Proposals Due by April 22
Members of the IC campus community are invited to submit proposals for the next round of review for the New Initiatives Fund.
The Ithaca College Board of Trustees approved the establishment of this special three-year "New Initiatives Fund" in 2002. The fund will support initiatives from faculty, staff, and students that:
- advance some dimension of the institutional plan, and/or
- creatively address some dimension of quality improvement, and/or
- demonstrate the potential to generate new revenue on an ongoing basis after a year or two of "seed funding."
Proposals that include or address more than one division/ department/ school, or demonstrate collaboration across campus constituencies and/or between the College and the broader community are particularly encouraged.
Twenty proposals were received by the review committee for the first round, with seven approved for funding:
Proposals will be funded for one year, except in the case of entrepreneurial ventures where a two-year timeframe may be advisable.
- Community Unity Multicultural Music and Arts Program (Baruch Whitehead)
- Journal of Ethnic Studies (Larry Shinagawa)
- Publishing Curriculum Materials and Establishing an Annual Summer Conference on Media Literacy and Education/Project Look Sharp (Cyndy Scheibe)
- Outdoor Adventure for New Students (Kim Uyttenhove)
- Conference on Integrating Technology into Teaching of Humanities (Howard Erlich)
- Invisible Histories Initiative: Native American and African American History/Storytelling in Ithaca (Peter Bardaglio)
- Investing in People: Developing all of America's Talent in Sport Management (Ellen Staurowsky
Please note, on-going personnel and large capital equipment are not available for consideration.
Proposal forms are now available in the Office of the President and should be submitted by April 22, 2003 for consideration.
Contributed by Michael McGreevey