All managers, supervisors and faculty members:
Many of you are currently making arrangements for staffing for fall opening. Some offices will need to bring their student workers back early to support opening operations. I have listed below the guidelines our office uses when processing early arrival requests. Please review them as you begin to plan.
We encourage you to provide meal arrangements for any employees you are bringing back early. If your department wishes to make meal plan arrangements, please contact the Office of Conference & Event Services. Otherwise please notify your students that they can purchase an individual meal plan through the Office of Conference & Event Services. Students who do not have special arrangements cannot eat in the dining hall until brunch on Saturday, August 23, 2003.
- "Early arrivals" are any students whom you will require to arrive on campus prior to the regular check-in dates of August 23-24. Please include only the names of those students whose early arrival is necessary for the operation of your department during fall opening and who are on-campus residents.
- To schedule a student for early arrival, please complete the Request for Student Early Arrival Fall 2003 form on the Office of Residential Life’s website. Provide the following information: student's name, ID number, reason for return/department, and date of arrival. Please provide this information by Tuesday, July 1, 2003.
- Check-in for early arrivals will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 17. Students may not return to their fall campus residences before this time. Early arrivals may check in at the Eastman Hall Summer Housing Office from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. each day, Sunday, August 17 through Thursday, August 21. On Friday, August 22, students may check in at residence hall area and satellite offices from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Early arrivals to campus who arrive after 9:00 p.m. must seek off-campus overnight accommodations until the offices open at 9:00 a.m. the next morning.
- Student employees living in Terraces 5 and 7 this summer will need to vacate their rooms by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 10. Those student employees who live in Terraces 5 and 7 and need to work for you between August 10 and the regular check-in dates will be approved to move into their fall housing assignments on August 10. (Please designate such students with the code SE).
- Early arrival requests must be submitted to the Office of Residential Life by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 1, 2003. Late requests may not be able to be considered.
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact the residential life office in the East Tower at 274-3141. Thank you.