Our goal for this drive is only 45 units and there are still openings to donate. We have been able to meet our goal the last two years; please help us meet it again this year.
Every blood donation is essential, and many donors are unaware of the constant need to replenish the blood supply. We are facing a shortage because usage has outpaced actual blood donations. Every two seconds someone in the Southern Tier is in need of blood.
Did you know that
- only 5% of the populations who can donate blood actually do.
- your one donation can save up to three lives.
- 85% of the population will require blood transfusion at some point in their life!
- red blood cells are only viable for 42 days.
We want you to be an everyday local hero. Please give blood Wednesday, July 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Emerson Hall.
You are eligible to donate if you meet the following criteria:
- you're at least 17 years old
- you weigh at least 110 pounds
- you haven't donated within the last 56 days
- you haven't traveled abroad since 1980 for more then 3 cumulative months in Great Britain or 6 months cumulative in Europe.
If you have an hour to spare and would like to be a local hero, please e-mail Cynthia B. Smith
or call 274-3371 to schedule an appointment.
To improve your donation experience be sure to eat well the day of donation, drink plenty of fluids and get a good night's sleep!
On behalf of hospital patients in the Southern Tier, thank you for your goodwill and generosity.
Contributed by Cynthia B. Smith