Ithaca College Emergency Response Plan Unveiled
Contributed by Suzanne Smith
Over the past two years, a workgroup has been charged with the responsibility of developing an Emergency Response Plan for Ithaca College.
The members of the workgroup include:
The Emergency Response Plan is a guide for the College in managing crises as they occur. The key group that will be brought together to coordinate the College's response to more complex or large-scale crises is the Core Emergency Response Team (CERT). The CERT has responsibility for ensuring that a crisis is responded to in a timely and effective manner. It also will serve to coordinate the College's resources and expertise to handle the emergency.
- Brian McAree, vice president for Student Affairs and Campus Life, chair
- Peter Bardaglio, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs
- Robert Holt, director of Public Safety
- David Maley, director, Media Relations
- Michael McGreevey, executive assistant to the President
- Nancy Pringle, vice president/College Counsel
- Rory Rothman, associate vice president for Student Affairs and Campus Life
- Carl Sgrecci, vice president for Finance and Administration
- Rick Couture, director of Physical Plant
- Bonnie Prunty, director of Residential Life and Judicial Affairs
- Norman Wall, associate director for Public Safety
As you can well imagine, planning and practice are essential processes that will be ongoing and will hopefully serve to put the College in the best place to respond to any problem the community may face. The Emergency Response Plan provides a template for how we can maximize our effectiveness in responding to emergencies.
The full text of the Emergency Response Plan has been placed on the Office of Public Safety website as a printable PDF document. A printed copy will also be distributed to each department on campus for reference.
Ithaca College Emergency Response Plan
If you have any questions about the plan, please feel fee to contact any member of the Emergency Planning Workgroup. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your attention to this important issue.
Contributed by Brian McAree