The APTA Combined Sections Meeting took place in Nashville in early February, with 12 Ithaca College PT graduate students attending.
Those attending were: Beth Sasso, Julie Kosstrin, Melissa Pullia, Katie Smallwood, Dawn D'Aversa, Amanda Molnar, Lauren Cregan. Heather Spann, Carrie Johnson, Lizzie Thomas, Joe Kelly, and Scott Cook.
Faculty participation included:
- "Differential Diagnosis and Management of Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease: An Evidence-Based Approach." Speakers: Charles D. Ciccone, PT, Ph.D., Ithaca NY; Steven H. Tepper: Pt, Ph.D., Winchester VA.
- "Ethics under Pressure in the Clinic: Is Your Role Modeling Helping or Harming the Situation?" Speakers: Ernest Nalette, PT, Ed.D., Burlington VT, Nancy Kirsch, Pt, Newark, NJ
- "Knee/Patellofemoral Education Group Programming: Mechanics of Knee Injury; Implication for Prevention and Rehabilitation: Mechanisms of Traumatic Knee Injuries." Speaker: Jeff R. Houck, PT, Ph.D., Rochester, NY
- Annual reception and business meeting, clinical electrophysiology section moderator: Andrew Robinson PT, Ph.D.
- Poster presentation by Ithaca faculty and recent graduates: "A Planter Fascia Stretch Protocol for Chronic Proximal Planter Fasciitis: A 2 year Follow-Up Study." Benjamin DiGiovanni, Daniel Malay, Petra Gracia, Taryn Williams, and Deborah Nawoczenski.
Kudos to all!
Contributed by Cindy Calabrese