PT Department Shines at APTA Meeting
Contributed by Cindy Morse
The APTA Combined Sections Meeting took place in Nashville in early February, with 12 Ithaca College PT graduate students attending.
Those attending were: Beth Sasso, Julie Kosstrin, Melissa Pullia, Katie Smallwood, Dawn D'Aversa, Amanda Molnar, Lauren Cregan. Heather Spann, Carrie Johnson, Lizzie Thomas, Joe Kelly, and Scott Cook.
Faculty participation included:
- "Differential Diagnosis and Management of Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease: An Evidence-Based Approach." Speakers: Charles D. Ciccone, PT, Ph.D., Ithaca NY; Steven H. Tepper: Pt, Ph.D., Winchester VA.
- "Ethics under Pressure in the Clinic: Is Your Role Modeling Helping or Harming the Situation?" Speakers: Ernest Nalette, PT, Ed.D., Burlington VT, Nancy Kirsch, Pt, Newark, NJ
- "Knee/Patellofemoral Education Group Programming: Mechanics of Knee Injury; Implication for Prevention and Rehabilitation: Mechanisms of Traumatic Knee Injuries." Speaker: Jeff R. Houck, PT, Ph.D., Rochester, NY
- Annual reception and business meeting, clinical electrophysiology section moderator: Andrew Robinson PT, Ph.D.
- Poster presentation by Ithaca faculty and recent graduates: "A Planter Fascia Stretch Protocol for Chronic Proximal Planter Fasciitis: A 2 year Follow-Up Study." Benjamin DiGiovanni, Daniel Malay, Petra Gracia, Taryn Williams, and Deborah Nawoczenski.
Kudos to all!
Contributed by Cindy Calabrese