April Blood Drive
Contributed by Cynthia Smith
Thanks to all our blood donors in February, we were able to collect 141 units of blood, which had the potential to save 423 lives. Great job!
Once again we are asking for your help with the blood drive on April 12 in the Emerson Suites from 8:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m. Please help us hit our goal of 130 units. Even better, help us to surpass it. Lets show that we are a community that cares and will roll up their sleeves for the good of the community.
Some food for thought:
You are eligible to donate if you meet the following criteria:
- Only 5% of the people who can donate blood actually do.
- Your one donation can save up to three lives.
- At some point in their life, 85% of the population will require blood transfusion.
- Red blood cells are only viable for 42 days.
If you have an hour to spare and can be a local hero, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 274-7342 to schedule an appointment.
- Are at least 17 years old
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have not donated within the last 56 days
- Have not traveled abroad since 1980 for more then 3 cumulative months in Great Britain or 6 months cumulative in Europe
Remember that positive ID is required and be sure to eat well the day of donation, drink plenty of fluids, and get a good night's sleep.
Contributed by Cynthia B. Smith