Current Ithaca College community members may contribute stories and comments as well as view additional topics by logging in.
Reset My Password
Sign up to receive a summary of Intercom headlines via e-mail three times a week.
The Department of Psychology was well represented at the University of Scranton's 19th annual psychology conference, held on Saturday April 24, 2004.
Professors Barney Beins and Mary Turner DePalma attended the conference with 30 undergraduate psychology majors. Many of the students presented their original research in either an oral or poster format. The students' work was sponsored by psychology faculty members including: Barney Beins, Mary Turner DePalma, Nancy Rader, and Andrea White. Ithaca College psychology students have participated in Scranton's psychology conference since 1988.
- Appreciation and Recall of Pointed Humor
Laura M. Gildner, Diedre B. Grossman, Margaret E. Snyder, Elena Hobson, & Meghan M. Lynch
- The Effects of Belief in a Just World and Outcome Magnitude on Perceptions of Blame
Kristin Miceli & Shannon Sawyer
- Offensive Humor: Can We Insult You While We Make You Laugh?
Sarah Fish, Nicole Pashka & Elena Hobson
Contributed by Barney Beins
- Every New Beginning Comes from Another Beginning's End: An Exploration of Past Transitions in Emerging Adulthood
Sara Phillips, Rachael A. Holland, & Stephen D. Drusano
- Anagrams and Analogies: Pre-testing Responsibility, Anger and Blame
Jenny Anderson, Jessica Bona, Holly Brzozowski, Jennifer Ditt, Kelly Eastman, Elizabeth Green, Alyse Keilson, Mary-Kate Kokoszki, Kristin Miceli, Lauren Prone, Shannon Sawyer, Mathew Silvaggio, Nicole Socci, Keri Walczynski, & Abby Wolff
- Humor in Groups: Appreciated But Not Remembered
Joann Agnitti, Amy E. Bubel, Nicole J. Pashka, Margaret E. Snyder, Deidre B. Grossman, Laura M. Gildner, Victoria C. Baldwin, Kari B. MacNaughton, & Malikah S. Waajid.
- Speaker Status Effect on a Cognitive Task
Nikolas Dickerson, Adam Grabowski, Erin Tooley, Nancy Rader, & Research Team 04
- Speaker Status and Personal Praise: Effects on Kindergarteners' Cognitive Performance
Erin Lindenbaum, Erica Van De Wal, Raeanne Lacatena, Casey Walsh, Nancy Rader, & Research Team 04