Please help make this summer's blood shortage not as dangerous by scheduling an appointment to donate this July 22, 2004, in Emerson Suites here at Ithaca College.
I still have many slots open. Our goal is 42 units. I hope to make that goal but can't do it without your help.
Did you know that?
- Only 5 percent of the population who can donate blood actually do.
- Your one donation can save up to three lives.
- Eighty-five percent of the population will require blood transfusion at some point in their life!
- Red blood cells are only viable for 42 days.
You are eligible to donate if you meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 17 years old
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Have not donated within the last 56 days
- Have not traveled abroad since 1980 for more then three cumulative months in Great Britain or six months cumulative in Europe.
If you have an hour to spare and would like to be a local hero, please e-mail email@example.com
or call 274-3371 to schedule an appointment. I am also looking for volunteers to help staff the blood drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
On behalf of hospital patients in the Southern Tier, thank you in advance for your goodwill and generosity.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL DONATION:
To improve your donation experience, be sure to eat well the day of donation, drink plenty of fluids, and get a good night's sleep!
Contributed by Cynthia B. Smith