Mark your calendars for United Way of Tompkins County's SOUPer Day of Caring, which will be held on Tuesday, September 14, at Stewart Park under the large pavilion from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
On this very important day, we invite members of our community to bring non-perishable foods and personal care items to Stewart Park. The goal is to fill the pavilion with food. At day's end, local food pantries and community agencies will collect the food for distribution in Tompkins County. In addition, all branches of the Tompkins Trust Company will be serving as drop-off sites.
Once again, United Way is partnering with the Food Bank of the Southern Tier for this special effort. On September 14, at 8:30 a.m., at Stewart Park, there will be brief remarks from United Way's volunteers, including Chair of the Board Susan Murphy, vice president for student academic services at Cornell University. The 2004 campaign video will be shown and the campaign goal will be announced. The community is invited to attend.
Food Wish List
- Canned fruit and fruit juices
- Canned meats including tuna, stews, raviolis, sloppy joes, hash
- One-box meals, tuna, hamburger helpers
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Instant potatoes
- Beverages (coffee, tea, juice, canned milk)
- Pasta or spaghetti sauce
- Soups, boxes of crackers
- Peanut butter
- Canned vegetables
- Personal Care and Household Items Wish List
- Diapers - sizes 3,4, 5 and 6
- Liquid laundry detergent
- 30-gallon trash bags
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Bar soap, Deodorants
- Toilet paper, paper towels, and tissue
- Feminine pads and tampons
NOTE: When packaging donations, please place canned items in separate boxes or bags from other items. Thank you!
Contributed by Deb Mohlenhoff