Thank You to Blood Donors
Contributed by Cynthia Smith
Drum roll please -- The drive resulted in collecting 98% of the goal.
There were 117 productive units collected out of a goal of 120. While not 100% or more of our goal, it is still a very good result. The 117 units will provide vital help for 351 patients in the New York-Pennsylvania region.
Here are the complete statistics:
- 104 units of whole blood collected, 13 double red cell units collected (6 gave 2, 1 donor could only give 1 pint) for a total of 117 productive units
- 143 donors scheduled (excellent for a 120 goal!)
- 152 donors registered to donate
- 44 of the registering donors were walk-ins, giving an appointment show rate of 76% -- a very good rate
- 141 donors presented to give whole blood (completed their health history and met with staff); of these, 33 were deferred (21 because their iron count was too low), and 4 could not give a full pint, resulting in the 117 productive units collected.
Thank you to all for donating your time and valuable life saving blood.
Contributed by Cynthia B. Smith