It's that time of the year again. February 7 is our winter holiday blood drive from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm in Emerson Suites in Campus Center.
Imagine you are a doctor. A three year old facing emergency heart surgery, a trauma victim, and a sickle cell patient all needing regular transfusions all need blood. But the supplies are low and there might not be enough for everyone. So you have to decide who will get the blood and who won't. Now imagine that one of these scenarios is your son or daughter.
Please help our community blood supply and donate at our drive. The blood supply is very fragile and doctors are sometimes forced to make very difficult decisions just like this one.
Did you know that?
- Only 5% of the populations who can donate blood actually do.
- Your one donation can save up to three lives.
- 85% of the population will require blood transfusion at some point in their life!
- Red blood cells are only viable for 42 days.
You are eligible to donate if you meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 17 years old
- Weight at least 110 pounds
- Your last donation was on or before December 6
- Have not traveled abroad since 1980 for more then 3 cumulative months in Great Britain or 6 months cumulative in Europe.
Please make an appointment at our blood drive on February7. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the sign-up table in Campus Center February 1-4 from 11:00 am-2:00 pm.
Tips for a Successful Donation:
Be sure to get a good night's sleep the night before. Eat well and drink plenty of fluids on the day of donation.
Contributed by Cynthia B. Smith