Reminder: Senior Award Nominations Due
Contributed by Kristina Nance
Don't forget that nominations for the 2005 OMA Senior Toast Awards are due Monday, April 4. ALANA, LGBT, and HEOP graduating seniors qualify for these awards.
Nomination forms can be downlaoded at OMA Upcoming Events 2005 Submit completed forms by email at email@example.com, fax at 274-1224, or by campus mail to 101 Towers Concourse.
Awards will be presented in the following catagories:
- Inspiration Award -- Presented to a student who has shown empathy, helpfulness, and a willingness to go above and beyond to be supportive to his or her peers.
- Chavez/Lorde Social Justice Award -- Presented to a student who has increased awareness of issues of social justice and/or cultural competence in the Ithaca College community.
- Chawla/Ochoa Academic Achievement Award -- Presented to a student who has shown a commitment to enhancing his or her educational experience through scholarly pursuits while maintaining a high level of academic achievement (cumulative 3.3 GPA). This award is intended for students who have done outstanding academic work outside the classroom in their field of interest: i.e. research, conference presentations, published writings, etc.
- Chung/Thorpe Leadership Award -- Presented to a student who has increased the profile of the OMA community by participating in leadership roles throughout his or her Ithaca College career.
- Dubois/Mandela Award for Scholarship, Leadership and Service -- Presented to a student for significant scholarly achievement (cumulative 3.5 GPA or above) and exemplary contributions to the OMA community.
Thanks for helping us find deserving seniors!