April 11, 2005, 3:00-5:00 PM
North Meeting Room, Campus Center
Come learn about exciting new projects for improving campus access for people with disabilities.
The Environmental Access Initiative (EAI) is a consortium of Ithaca College staff members representing various departments who have engaged in an experiential learning seminar about disability issues throughout the spring semester. In interactive group sessions, participants increased their understanding of human abilities/limitations, Universal Design principles, ADA guidelines, and environmental design/modification issues. Each participant then applied this knowledge by designing a service-oriented accessibility project that is directly beneficial to the Ithaca College community.
This year's EAI Group members and areas that they represent are as follows:
- Margaret Adams, associate director, Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Lisa Belokur, assistant director, facilities services
- Roger Casterline, assistant director, grounds and transportation
- Sybil Conrad, assistant director, Campus Center
- Tracey Cross-Baker, associate director, Career Services
- William Drake, assistant director, maintenance
- Esther Radoja, executive secretary, Office of the Provost and V.P. for Academic Affairs
- Irene Scott, coordinator, desktop & technology acquisitions, Web, systems, and deptartment services
- Karen Serbonich, manager, mail services
- John Birk, collection and facility supervisor, library
Please attend the EAI open house to hear presentations about the great work being done by EAI participants to improve access for people with disabilities.
For more information, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity at 274-3909, 274-1767 (TDD), or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact the Office of Affirmative Action much in advance of the event as possible.