You asked for it and we got it -- a signed CD by Sheryl Crow! Sheryl joins Mercyme and Audio Adrenaline in a total of 25 different celebrities who have contributed items to the annual Bursar's Benefit Auction.
Be the first in your crowd to own a piece of fame by being the successful bidder on any of the great donations we have in store for you. You don't have to be hot after a celebrity item to have fun at the auction, though...we have enough variety to satisfy everyone's dreams!
As we enter auction week, items are still pouring in, and we are overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. New this week are a beautiful handmade cherry goblet, handcrafted by Dean Steve Siconolfi, a hand crocheted pillow, beautiful handmade outfits for your babies, Bomber support items such as an umbrella, a stadium blanket and an attractive shirt, Ithaca College pride items such as a canvas bag, a license holder, a hat, and travel mug, gift certificates to local merchants such as New York Pizzaria, and beautiful photos to display proudly on your walls -- including Peggy Williams' fabulous photo taken in the Czech Republic. Add to that the items already in house, and you have over 150 reasons to come to our auction.
Now that you have put the auction on your Corp Time, accumulated enough money to give your friends a challenge on the items you both want, and have already decided which 5 friends will ride around in the In Style limousine with you, here are a few tips for the day of the auction:
- Get there early! That will give you plenty of time to scope out the goods and map out your strategy.
- Make sure you obtain one of the prize balloons; each one has a prize equal to or over the cost of the balloon. They go quickly, so don't hesitate to step right up!
- Don't let your friends know your bidding number in the silent auction; it will make outbidding them the minute they turn their backs that much more fun!
- Do not think twice about spending way over what you normally would for any of the items; the point is to raise money for 3 wonderful charities!
- Bring all your friends! Hey, you never get to spend enough time with them anyhow!
- Basket of chocolate -- need I say more?
- HAVE FUN!
The Bursar's Benefit Auction will be held on Thursday, April 14, in the Clark Lounge of the Campus Center. Item preview and silent auction begin at 10:00 am and end promptly at 12:15 pm. Sam Lapp and Duane Corbin will begin the live auction at 12:30 pm. Prize balloons will be sold until the last one is popped. Lists of items, including their numbers and order of sale, will be available the day of the auction, as well as general bidding rules. Proceeds from the auction will be divided and sent to Tompkins County SPCA, The Alzheimer's Association, and the Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative.
We can't wait to see you all there!