The Final Bid -- Auction Thanks and Updates
Contributed by Anne Woodard
As the dust settles from this year's Bursar's Benefit Auction, the Office of the Bursar staff would like to thank the entire College community for your support of our event. We did not make the goal we had hoped of $3000...instead we made $4158! That means $1386 each to the Tompkins County SPCA, the Alzheimer's Association, and the Scott Hamilton CARES Initiative. We could not have done it without your help.
To thank each person who helped with the success of the auction would fill up an entire issue of Intercom, but there are a few people who deserve special recognition:
- To Marina Todd, Andrejs Ozolins, and Dave Maley: thanks for all that you did to help get the word out on our auction time changes
- To Chris Wheatley: thanks for all the great PSAs and for helping us spread the word on the time changes on the air
- To our auctioneers Duane Corbin and Sam Lapp: you two are in the wrong business! Your wonderful interaction with the audience and your incredible ability to squeeze the last dollar out of folks was fantastic!
- To Gladys Ward and Kris Slaght : thanks for all that you both did to help us get set up and organized -- and especially to Kris for her most generous bid on the Derek Jeter baseball!
- To Mark Darling and crew: thanks for the superb job of transporting all the goods to our location with tender loving care.
- To Margie Malepe, Marina Marion, Lori Becker, and Deb Mohlenhoff: thanks for all the care in assisting us in the logistical details of the event.
- To Zach Israel: thanks for being so attentive to our every need for the event -- you were terrific!
- To our awesome student workers Allison, Beth, Chrissy, Hy, Laura, and Stephanie: your dedication to this project was phenomenal. The world will be blessed when you enter the work force.
- To Bill Gordon, our In Style Limousine owner/driver: you are the only person we know brave enough to drive a limo down the center of the academic quad! The presence of the limo added much to the ambiance, and we thank you for your willingness to give up your time to assist us.
- To the entire College community: thank you for donating to the auction, bidding with abandon to support our causes, for spreading the word, and for all of your encouragement.
- To the awesome Bursettes: you wrote the book on teamwork and dedication. The part each and every one of you played in our success was phenomenal -- you make your tired boss proud!
Again, this is but a partial list of those folks we would like to thank. For those of you who have a hankering for chocolate, it would be wise to look for Ann Thomas in admission. She is the new owner of the basket of chocolate!
Have a good year, and see you next April for Auction #4!